1. Fleet Management Training Institute is a maritime training institute which offers courses through Fleet Management Maritime Education Trust, Fleet Management Maritime Education Academy and Fleet Management India Private Limited (Training Division). Fleet Management Training Institute is located at Nerul, Navi Mumbai, India. Fleet Management Training Institute, Fleet Management Maritime Education Academy, Fleet Management Maritime Education Trust and Fleet Management India Private Limited (Training Division) are hereinafter called “Fleet Management”(or “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. We respect the privacy of individuals and of the personal data collected in the course of our business operations. We are committed to complying with the applicable data privacy laws.
Where Fleet Management controls how your personal data is collected and the purposes for which we use your personal data, Fleet Management will act as the “data controller” for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU)2016/679) (“GDPR”).
3. We obtain Personal Data which you knowingly and voluntarily disclose to us, both online and offline, notably when you:
a. Visit our websites and/or complete one of our web forms including the cadet online application form;
b. Visit our premises;
c. Receive our products and/or services which you requested; or
d. Communicate with us via any means and for any purpose, including but not limited to telephone, and through the use of networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
4. We may also collect information from third-party sources such as sub-contractors.
5. We may use IP addresses and other anonymous data such as browser and operating system type, the time and duration of site visits and the pages visited for the purposes of: a. obtaining aggregate information on the whereabouts of visitors to the Website; and b. maintaining and enhancing our Website and improving our services to clients.
6. We may also aggregate any information collected via the Website (which will be anonymized so that it shall not amount to Personal Data), for such purposes as generating demographic profiles of our customer base.
7. If you have supplied it to us, we will collect and use your personal data such as your full name and postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, job title and/or other provided personal information.
8. Any Personal Data submitted to us either in enquiries through this Website, by email or by other means provided via the Website or otherwise, will be collected, used, stored and processed by us only for the purposes of:
a. providing requested information on our products, services, pricing and processes;
b. establishing and maintaining contracts;
c. provision of or availing of contracted services;
d. invoicing, remittance, payments, collections;
e. maintaining and improving our Website;
f. providing requested services to you;
g. marketing purpose;
h. IT support services;
i. business continuity planning;
j. crew recruitment or management;
k. employment-related processing;
l. conducting due diligence checks to minimise risks or frauds; or
n. complying with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations
9. We may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
10. We respect if you do not want your personal data to be processed for direct marketing purposes and you can always inform us about this as per the section “Contact Us” found below. As soon as you notify us, your personal data will no longer be processed for marketing purposes.
11. We process your personal data on the following legal basis (to the extent relevant under applicable laws):
a. It is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations;
b. It is necessary for our legitimate interests, except where your interest and rights override those;
c. It is necessary to protect your interests or those of someone else; and/or d. In some cases, your consent.
12. Your personal data collected by us may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, any country in which our associated third parties maintain facilities in order to carry out the purposes listed under paragraph 8 above.
13. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties under the following circumstances in order to carry out the purposes listed under paragraph 8 above:
if we sell, merge or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
if Fleet Management Training Institute or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal data held by it about its customers will be transferred to the acquiring third party;
any outsourced service provider or professional advisor of Fleet Management;
as otherwise necessary, required or permitted by law or due to a request from a competent court, regulator or other authority;
any government or law enforcement authority or agency, or in good faith to any other parties that the disclosure is necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect the Fleet Management ‘s rights or properties; and
any other person whom the Fleet Management considers appropriate to make a transfer in connection with the purposes set out in paragraph 8 above.
14. Personal data will be retained no longer than necessary pursuant to applicable law and regulation and the policies and procedures established by Fleet Management pursuant thereto, in each case having regard to the purpose for which such personal data was obtained. We will either irreversibly anonymise or securely destroy your personal data once we no longer need it.
15. The GDPR grants EU subjects respectively certain legal rights, a summary of which is set forth below:
a. Right of access to a copy of your personal data.
b. Right to data portability.
c. Correction of erroneous data.
d. Deletion of data in specific case as set out in the applicable laws.
e. Right to object processing of personal data.
f. Right to object to direct marketing.
g. Right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
h. Right to withdraw consent at any time.
i. Right to lodge a complaint.
16. Where you have given us your consent, you can also withdraw such consent at any time with future effect. Your withdrawal, however, will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the consent withdrawal.
17. If you have any questions on how we collect and treat personal data (including any complaints that you may have in relation to our handling of your personal data) or would like to exercise any of the abovementioned rights, please send your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Further, for any discrepancies and grievances relating to Personal Data collected and processed by us, you can contact:
Grievance Officer (India – Training): Jitendra Murudkar or such other person’s whose details are updated on this website from time to time.
Email id: email@example.com.
20. All matters relating to this website are governed by the laws of India.